Important update on allotments
Following a significant change in advice from National Allotment Society https://www.nsalg.org.uk/news/covid19-information/ we must request that you stay away from your allotments for the next few weeks, and if you can’t then you should work in isolation without family members and others. You should also be aware that a number of Police forces do not consider travelling to your allotment to be an ‘essential journey’.
During these unprecedented times you should;
- Keep hand sanitiser in your shed and wash your hands regularly
- Use hand sanitiser before opening and closing any gate locks
- DO NOT gather together for a chat even if you are 2 metres apart
- Observe “Social Distancing” with each other 2-3 metres
- If you take your children to the plot, ensure that they stay within its confines and do not run around on communal paths and spaces.
- Do not share tools
- Minimise the contact with each other, for example no handshakes
- Do not wash your hands in water troughs and
- Stop using any communal facilities.