Young People and Mental Health in a Changing World

Citizens Advice supports World Mental Health. Are you concerned that you or someone in your family is developing a mental health problem? You should talk to your GP or if immediate help is needed and you are unable to see a GP, go to your local A&E.
Below are some organisations which specialise in helping to recognise, understand and deal with mental health issues.

The Samaritans offer emotional support 24 hours a day – in full confidence. Free on 116 123 or email

Mind offer an information line 0300 123 3393 or email answering questions on mental health problems, where to get help, drug and alternative treatments, advocacy. They also offer Mind Legal Advice Service for legal information on 0300 466 6463 or email

Think on 0300 5000 927 offers coping strategies e.g. talking to a GP, partner, relative, friend, or tutor about the problems. Do not think that you are alone.

Childline You can talk about anything. No problem is too big or too small. Call free on 0800 1111 or get in touch online. You choose to contact us, you’re in control. It’s confidential and you don’t have to give your name if you don’t want to.

Citizens Advice is here to help you find information and advice, call them on 03444 111444, visit one of their offices in Newhaven, Lewes or Seaford or check out their website for further details.